Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

There is nothing I love more than homemade soup. My sister gave me this delicious recipe. 

2-3 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
4 cans chicken broth
2 cans cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
1/2 cup carrots chopped
1/2 cup onion chopped
1/2 cup celery chopped
2 teaspoons parsley
salt and pepper
2 cups egg noodles (cooked; I used the whole bag I love noodles)


boil the chicken breasts until done

chop the celery, carrots and onions

saute the vegetables until soft and set aside

when the chicken is done, shred and set aside

in a large pot combine the vegetables and chicken

add the cream of mushroom soup

add the chicken broth

add parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. let this simmer for about an hour on medium-low heat

cook the noodles about 10 minutes before the soup is done

add the noodles

serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. My sister made us homemade chicken noodle on Monday night. It was soo good. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete