Friday, October 19, 2012

Chicken Parmesan

I have always loved chicken parmesan but I have found that most recipes are pretty bland. So I decided to create my own:

2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (depending on your family size)
1 cup bread crumbs (I used italian)
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
2 egg white; slightly beaten
thin spaghetti
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
spaghetti sauce



Mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, flour, and crushed red pepper


place the chicken breasts in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap


flatten down to about a 1/4 inch thickness


Final product


place the egg white in a bowl


dip the chicken in the egg whites


coat with the bread crumbs


dip again in the egg whites


and again in the bread crumbs


pour olive oil into a skillet and place on medium heat


cook the chicken in the skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side


Place in a baking dish


pour approximately 1/4 cup of sauce onto each chicken breast


add 1/2 cup of cheese to the top of each chicken breast. Bake on 350 degrees for 20 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and slightly bubbly.


serve the chicken with cooked pasta


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this recipe! Its one of my husbands favorite dishes so I'm always looking for new recipes. P.S. That marinara sauce is the best! ;)

    ReplyDelete