Friday, March 1, 2013

Crock Pot Pasta E Fagioli Soup

I absolutely love Olive Garden, but I don't always want to leave the house. I found the recipe for my favorite soup from there and it turned out amazing!

1 lb ground beef
        1 small onion, chopped
        1 large carrot, chopped
        2 cloves garlic, minced {I use stuff out of the jar, SUPER handy!}
        28 oz can crushed tomatoes
       15 oz can tomato sauce
        15 oz can beef broth
        15 oz can red kidney beans {with liquid}
        15 oz can great northern beans {with liquid}
        1 tsp salt
        1 tsp dried oregano
        1 tsp dried basil
       1/2 tsp dried thyme
        1/2 tsp pepper
        8 oz dry ditalini pasta

chop up onion and carrots

brown the ground beef

add all ingredients to the crock pot except pasta; cook on low for 8 hours

add the cooked pasta one hour before serving

 after 8 hours it will be ready to serve

 Enjoy!!!

1 comment: