Friday, March 8, 2013

Country Crock Pot Chicken

As you all may have noticed I'm obsessed with my crock pot. I found this recipe and I knew I had to try it.

4 carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks ( I used a couple handfuls of baby carrots)
4 stalks celery, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
6 – 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, quartered ( I only used 3, just use as many as you need)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
salt & pepper
1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup (not diluted)
1 envelope of dry onion soup mix
1/3 cup of chicken broth
2 Tbsp flour



cut up your vegetables and place in the bottom of the crock pot

place the chicken on top and all the spices

spread the cream of chicken soup over the chicken and then pour the onion soup packet on top. cook on high for 3-4 hour or on low for 6-8 hours. Stir together half way through

 15 minutes before it's done mix together the beef broth and flour

add to the crock pot and mix together. cook for 15 more minutes or until thick.

 You can serve this with anything and it's delicious!

3 comments: