Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Outrageous Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal Cookies

My sister gave me a challenge and that was to find the recipe for these cookies from Jason's Deli. I found a version of it and of course I made them and mailed them to her (today actually so hopefully she likes them).

1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
1/2 cup white whole wheat or all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1/3 cup dried cranberries

mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon

mix together butter, brown sugar and sugar

add egg, vanilla and the flour mixture

add cranberries

add toasted walnuts (I added more than the recipe called for)

bake for 12-15 minutes on 350 degrees (I baked for 13 minutes and they came out great)

enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to make those for my husband. He loves cranberry oatmeal cookies.

    ReplyDelete