Monday, November 12, 2012

Spice Cupcakes

I have always been a fan of spice cake. I want to make my own instead of out of a box and this recipe is amazing!!! I adjusted the recipe I found and it was perfect.

1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour milk (if you don't have sour milk add 1 tbs vinegar and 1 tbs lemon juice to the milk and let sit for 5 minutes)



add the sugar to a mixing bowl


add brown sugar


then shortening


mix together until combined


add both eggs and beat until creamy


In a separate bowl mix together the flour, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda


add the dry mixture


lastly add the milk


in your cupcake pan fill each about 1/2 full. bake for roughly 15-16 minutes at 400 degrees. Use your favorite frosting to frost cupcakes. I used a caramel buttercream (will post the recipe next).


No comments:

Post a Comment