Monday, August 20, 2012

Roasted Chicken

I have never been a fan of cooking whole chicken but once I tried this, I was hooked!!!

You will need:

1 whole chicken (5-6 pounds will work)
Onion
Lemon
Butter
Fresh Thyme
Salt
Pepper
2 cloves of garlic cut crossways


First thing you want to do is clean the chicken, take out all the insides and clean it thoroughly. Once that is done pat it dry with paper towels and place in whatever roasting pan you are using.



Next I slice up the lemons, onion, and garlic. I just halve the lemon and cut the onion into quarters.


Stuff the chicken with the garlic, lemon, onion and thyme.


Melt 2 tablespoons of butter


Brush the butter on the outside of the chicken


generously coat the chicken with salt and pepper


Place into a 425 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours, when that time is up take it out and cover with tin foil for 20 minutes. This will keep it moist and tender.


When that time is up, cut up and serve! I served mine with mashed potatoes, rolls and parmesan crusted asparagus. 


1 comment:

  1. Yum. I have a chicken in the freezer right now...might have to pull it out for Weds (we do Taco Tuesdays so tomorrow's a no-go)

    ReplyDelete