Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chicken and Penne Pasta Bake

This recipe is one that I literally just threw together one night. It is amazing and one of my husband's favorites. 

Here is what you will need:


 1 box penne pasta
1 jar any flavor spaghetti sauce
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
mozzarella cheese
italian seasoning
crushed or minced garlic
olive oil


Cut the chicken breasts into cubes 


In a skillet saute about a tablespoon of minced garlic with 3 tablespoons of olive oil for about 1-2 minutes



Add the chicken and cook it until it is white on the outside


I add roughly 2-3 tablespoons of italian seasoning to the chicken


Pour in 1 jar of spaghetti sauce


Then add 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and mix well.


While you are preparing the chicken and sauce, cook the penne pasta until al dente.


Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add to the sauce/chicken mixture


Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese until combine it all together


Pour pasta into a baking dish 


Add a little more cheese for the top (yes there is a lot of cheese lol)


Place into a 350 degree oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.


I usually serve mine with some homemade garlic bread and some parmesan cheese on top (yes we like cheese haha)




2 comments:

  1. I wanted those same dishes a little while back. HAHA Now, I want them again. I am loving the food blog! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love these dishes, annoyed that our movers broke 2 of my bowls though. Thanks for the support with this blog. :)

      Delete