Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Cups

I have always wanted to make homemade peanut butter cups. Well today I finally did it! I found a recipe a while ago but i decided to tweak the filling recipe. 

You will need:

2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (I just pulsed the graham crackers in a food processor)
30 candy cups (I found mine at walmart)



Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a sauce pan on low heat, stirring occasionally.



When done it should look like this. Keep the chocolate on very low heat


Take a small paintbrush and paint the inside of the cups (make sure to wear an oven mitt of some kind because the chocolate is hot)


Should look like this when complete, put them in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to set.


To make the filling melt the butter and peanut butter together, then add the powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs.


Fill each cup with approximately 1/2 tablespoon of the filling (doesn't have to be all the way full)


Use the remaining chocolate to fill the cups. 



Place in the freezer to chill, they should look like this! They are amazing!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you did this! I've been wondering if it really "works." :)

    ReplyDelete